The Integrated Marketing Director will direct, lead, and manage the planning, development, and execution of ABMS marketing, branding, and creative strategies. This role will manage a variety of projects related to marketing, branding, product and meeting promotion, graphic design, concept development, messaging, experience management, vendor management, and production. The Director will motivate and manage a team to deliver content, design and other forms of communication expressed across print materials, web, events, and other new and emerging media.
This position is exempt and reports to the Vice President, Marketing and Communications.
- Lead the development and execution of ABMS’ brand and brand strategy to support the overall ABMS and individual programs, products, and initiatives. Leverage branding and other market research as needed.
- Ensure that the established high quality of creativity and production is upheld; maintain consistently high standards for self and for team members.
- Interface, as a valued advisor, with the ABMS Leadership Team and individual departments to develop marketing strategies and tactics to support and drive the ABMS strategic goals.
- Provide marketing and creative consultation and guidance while cost effectively meeting customer objectives.
- Partner with all departments to develop requirements and prepare marketing and design plans including concepts, schedules, and cost estimates.
- Develop “digital first” branding and marketing strategies and support with other media as required. Create strong marketing messages and copy in collaboration with internal customers for a variety of “digital first” media, including web, email, social media, and other types of digital promotions.
- Provide a strong “creative” element to support all marketing initiatives.
- Lead the strategic development of marketing initiatives including marketing of ABMS meetings and special events including creative program design, messaging, direct marketing programs, attendance generation, supporting promotional items and collateral and on-site experience.
- Manage the vendor relationship and quoting process for the Marketing team.
- Lead the unified process of marketing/concept/design and interactive/web creative graphics for projects including but not limited to direct mail, brochures, annual reports, advertisements, educational materials, mail list management, website, electronic communication, social media, meetings promotion and special projects such as exhibit design/development/signage and other promotion / communication projects.
- Lead video and photography programs to meet business requirements.
- Ensure that the ABMS design strategy remains leading edge and ahead of the competition, including the integration of evolving marketing technology and digital marketing capabilities.
- Manage staff in a manner that fosters an environment, culture, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements to achieve the strategic requirements of the ABMS. Provide team leadership, advice and counsel, and support.
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated high quality and accuracy standards with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to direct multiple projects and lead the team to work across departments to meet the objectives of ABMS.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Creative Design, or similar with equivalent branding and creative marketing experience. An MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of proven marketing, promotion, branding and creative experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience directing internal teams and external resources.
- Experience leading and motivating a creative marketing team.
- Medical society or health care experience preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or genetic information.