This position is responsible for providing project and administrative support to the Meetings and Events Team and Operations Team. The position requires an ability to interact with external constituents and internal staff (at all levels), manage multiple projects/deadlines effectively, and a desire to serve as a key member of a high performing team, including a Meetings and Events department that supports over 70 meetings annually. This position reports to the Director of Organizational Operations.
Meetings and Events Support
- Support the department in preparing and executing various meetings including Board of Directors meetings, Executive Committee Retreat, ABMS Conference, Committee meetings, and other ancillary meetings as needed.
- Provide research on venues, activities, and gifts related to upcoming meetings and events.
- Prepare meeting materials including name badges, tent cards, signage, thank you cards, and attendee bag assembly.
- Assist with updating and maintaining electronic management of invitations, guest management database, and post-event follow-up via means of online system (Cvent).
- Assist with management of event speakers and registration.
- Assist with planning committee meetings.
- Some local and national travel, weekend, and early and/or evening hours are required as needed to support on-site meetings.
Operations Administrative Support
- Provides support in coordination with the Operations Coordinator:
- Coordinating calendars and schedules of Operations team members
- Managing conference calls and meetings
- Initial drafting of key communications
- Following-up on required emails
- Managing travel arrangements and expense reports
- Maintaining records and files
- Schedules and supports meetings, conference calls, and webinars and coordinates meetings logistics
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent customer service skills, specifically supporting multiple customers is strongly preferred.
- Motivated self-starter and team player with strong attention to detail, excellent communication and organizational skills, and strong project management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects independently, prioritize workload, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Solid business writing and editing skills, particularly for review of meeting materials, business correspondence, and presentations.
- Ability to work in a vibrant collaborative environment to meet the objectives of ABMS.
Education, Training and Experience
- 2–5 years relevant experience required.
- Experience in coordinating small- to medium-scale meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with Meetings Software (Cvent) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with graphic software (Adobe) a plus.
- Excellent skills in MS Office computer programs required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or genetic information.
How to Apply
You may send your resume and cover letter for this career opportunity to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject of your email.
You may also submit your resume and cover letter by postal mail to:
American Board of Medical Specialties
Attn: Human Resources
353 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654