The Project Manager, CertLink™ will contribute to the Longitudinal Assessment initiative through the CertLink project by serving as lead project and vendor manager for the design, build, and implementation of the platform (web and mobile). The Project Manager’s job is to plan, oversee, communicate, and document all aspects of the platform development project, with the express responsibilities to drive stakeholder accountability and balance project resources, scope, and timelines. This position reports to the Assessment Director, Product and Programs.
- Partner with the director and other stakeholders to understand program and platform goals, objectives, and requirements (including onboarding and complete implementation of new clients).
- Analyze and assess design, build, and implementation options; provide recommended solutions to leadership.
- Transform goals, objectives, requirements, and approved recommendations into project plans that clearly outline: scope/expectations, timeline, and resource utilization.
- Develop and implement processes to efficiently communicate, track, manage, and successfully complete project plans.
- Manage vendors according to project plans and processes, including day-to-day tracking of open issues and upcoming deliverables.
- Identify project issues/risks and then work collaboratively with teammates and stakeholders to develop resolutions and mitigation plans.
- Track project progress and performance against timelines and key performance indicators. Provide weekly project status reports for distribution to project team & executive leadership.
- Support strategic planning initiatives related to future functionality/enhancements.
Skills and Attributes
- Self-starter with skills to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, complex environment with minimal management oversight and supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate next steps, proactively seek clarification or further direction.
- Critical thinker with skills and experience in dealing with ambiguity, creative problem solving, and priority setting.
- Able to constructively delegate to and task manage teammates (non-direct reports); including comfortability managing up.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; must be able to set, execute, and follow through on deadlines and timetables.
- Highly committed to producing accurate, quality work in a timely manner.
- Solid proficiency with MS Office Products.
- Experience with JIRA, Basecamp, and/or Sharepoint a plus
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- PMP certified preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years web application development project management experience. Mobile app development project management experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage large, complex, geographically distributed projects required.
- Demonstrated maturity in working with physicians/physician volunteers/medical executives required.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Early morning, evening, and weekend hours are required periodically. Some travel will be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
How to Apply
You may send your resume and cover letter for this career opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject of your email.
You may also submit your resume and cover letter by postal mail to:
American Board of Medical Specialties
Attn: Human Resources
353 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654