ABMS Call for Physician Well-Being CME Activities
The CPD/CME community is invited to submit accredited CME activities that
- Support the development of high-functioning physicians
- Address physician wellness and burn-out
The dependency between high-functioning physicians and the delivery of quality patient care presents an opportunity to align ABMS Member Boards Continuing Certification Programs with educational initiatives designed to improve physician well-being.
In its ongoing commitment to improve the delivery of quality, safe patient care through Member Boards’ Continuing Certification Programs, the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) has developed the ABMS MOC Directory,an online repository of competency-based Continuing Certification activities.
ABMS invites all members of the continuing professional development and continuing medical education (CPD/CME) communities to submit accredited educational activities for review and inclusion in the ABMS MOC Directory. This is an opportunity for CPD/CME providers to create accredited Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment activities to support the development of high-functioning physicians in one or more of the following domains:
- Efficiencies of Medical Practice — Regulatory (EMR, QPP), Technical, Administrative, Patient-Centered Care Processes, Quality and Performance Metrics
- Organizational Culture of Wellness — Practice Environment, Institutional Issues, Physician Leadership and Peer Support Programs
- Personal Resilience — Self-care, Personal and Professional Growth, Burn-out Prevention Strategies, Physical, Emotional and Social Well-Being Strategies
Activities submitted on the ABMS Submission Form will be reviewed by participating ABMS Member Boards for alignment with their Continuing Certification programs. Approved activities will then be indexed in the ABMS MOC Directory.
MOC approvals are made by the Member Boards; the primary role of ABMS is to facilitate the process.
Please review the ABMS MOC Directory Submission Instructions & Checklist before completing the submission form. Get more information about ABMS Continuing Certification Programs.
For questions about ABMS Call for Continuing Certification activities, please contact Susie Flynn at email@example.com.