ABMS/AAMC Call for MOC Activities
CPD/CME Community Invited to Continue to Submit Accredited CME Activities
In its ongoing commitment to improve access to relevant Maintenance of Certification (MOC) activities, the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) in partnership with the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is developing the ABMS MOC Directory powered by MedEdPORTAL, an online repository of competency-based MOC activities.
We invite all members of the continuing professional development and continuing medical education (CPD/CME) communities to submit practice-relevant accredited educational activities for review and inclusion in the ABMS MOC Directory. This is an opportunity for all CPD/CME stakeholders, Member Boards, Associate Members, and Quality Improvement (QI) stakeholders to engage in the submission of accredited Lifelong Learning (Part II), Self-Assessment (SA-Part II) and Improvement in Medical Practice (IMP-Part IV) activities designed to improve the quality of patient care.
By submitting activities via a single, common submission form, ABMS Member Boards will be able to review and approve activities that may be appropriate for one or more Member Boards' MOC programs. Currently, ABMS MOC Directory has the following type of MOC activities:
- Internet Enduring Materials
- Journal CME
- Performance Improvement (PI-CME)
- Internet Point of Care CME
The ABMS MOC Directory:
- Identifies MOC activities that may be appropriate for multiple specialties and/or practice settings
- Provides an opportunity to work collaboratively with the Member Boards to identify activities that meet the needs of their diplomates
- Provides a common platform for MOC activities and resources that assist diplomates in fulfilling their MOC Part II and Part IV requirements
- Allows for the submission of activities on a rolling submission cycle (there is no submission deadline)
To submit an activity for review and inclusion in the ABMS MOC Directory, simply fill out the Common MOC Activity Submission Form. After completing the submission form, the CME activity will be presented to a targeted number of ABMS Member Boards for MOC approval. All approved activities will be indexed into the ABMS MOC Directory powered by MedEdPORTAL’s CE Directory.
Click here for more information about MOC. For more information about the Call for MOC Activities, please AcademicPrograms@abms.org.
View the press release on the ABMS MOC Directory powered by MedEdPORTAL’s CE Directory launch.