Administrative Coordinator, Certification Standards & Programs (CSP)
The American Board of Medical Specialties is seeking an Administrative Coordinator, Certification Standards & Programs (CSP).
American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) serves the public and the medical profession by improving the quality of health care through setting professional and educational standards for medical specialty practice and certification in partnership with its certifying Member Boards. These elevate the standards for patient care and care improvements.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing operational and executive-level administrative support for Certification Standards & Programs (CSP). CSP supports the ABMS mission by increasing the value of and advocating for Member Board certification programs by supporting committees, collaborating with internal and external partners, and fostering an innovative learning community that enhances the quality of certification programs and, ultimately, patient care. The position interacts with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and requires the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively while remaining flexible, independent, resourceful, and efficient. Expert written and verbal communication, facility with computer technology, project coordination skills, and strong interpersonal skills are essential. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the CSP Operations Director.
About the Certification Standards and Programs (CSP) Department: CSP supports the ABMS mission by increasing the value of and advocating for Member Board certification programs by supporting committees, collaborating with internal and external partners, and fostering an innovative learning community that enhances the quality of certification programs and, ultimately, patient care.
Committee and Operations Support
- Manage meeting and project logistics including scheduling regular and ad hoc in-person and virtual meetings Proactively manage timelines and completion of tasks related to projects and departmental processes by alerting team to pending deadlines and/or contingencies
- Support Directors, Managers, and other functions in CSP in achieving goals and desired outcomes for the division and perform all other duties as assigned
- Collaborate with various internal departments including Meeting Services, Governance, Operations, Health Policy, Portfolio Program, and IT to support task force, committee, special projects, and overall ABMS goals
- Manage meeting and project correspondence including preparation and distribution of electronic and print agenda books, notifications, power point presentations, letters, follow-up, and other materials Post and maintain materials on related web sites, as required
- Support the CSP Concierge Service by serving as the primary point of contact for assigned Member Boards; establishing a good relationship with assigned Member Boards through efficient and effective customer service and solidifying the connection between ABMS and the Member Board
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the Senior Vice President, CSP: coordinates complex calendar; maintains contact database; research, compose, and edit correspondence; reconciles expenses; prioritizes conflicting needs; and arranges multifaceted domestic and international travel
- Works closely and effectively with the Operations Director, CSP to stay well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities; aids in meeting deadlines and resolving pressing issues; facilitates the flow of work; and provides appropriate follow-up
- Limited travel and occasional weekend or after-hours work may be required
Skills and Attributes
- Project coordinator skillsets, proactive, organized, and detail-oriented professional with ability to work independently and as a team while committed to customer service, quality, and excellence
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external constituents
- Strong writing skills with an ability to prepare clear, concise reports, letters, and documentation as well as proofread others’ writing
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of integrity and sensitivity to confidentiality
- Ability to learn new applications and technology quickly and effectively
- Interest in health care or medical organizations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as multi-task with stop/start needs
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is highly desired
- Minimum of 5 years administrative experience required
- Executive-level administrative experience preferred
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft 365 required; advanced level of proficiency using Excel and Adobe Professional is required
- Experience in providing administrative support in colleges and universities, hospital and health systems, medical schools, and/or associations preferred
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, M–F, 8:30 am–5:00 pm
The Administrative Coordinator position is based in Chicago and may work remotely. However, there will be occasions where it will be necessary to travel to our office and conference sites.
Closing Date: Friday, August 27, 2021, or until the position is filled.
How to Apply
In addition to sending your resume and salary expectations, you should include a cover letter outlining your experience and the strategic value that you will bring to ABMS.
Send your resume and cover letter to Johana Solis, Human Resources Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Ref: ABMS_ADMIN_CPS_2” in the subject of your email.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be added at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or genetic information.