Customer Service Lead – American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR)
Position Summary: As a member of the ABPMR Communications Team, the Customer Service Lead has overall responsibility to ensure that customer inquiries are resolved through appropriate channels with the most accurate information. The individual in this role serves as a subject matter expert (SME) regarding external facing policies, the ABPMR’s examination offerings, the ABPMR Continuing Certification Program, and use of the website.
The individual in this role plays a pivotal role in obtaining customer feedback, identifying emergent trends/topics, and assisting to develop salient talking points and standardized responses. Further, this individual has overall responsibility for training and supporting other customer service agents, ensuring that consistent messages are delivered across all agents and platforms, and that consistent coverage is planned for daily operations.
Overall, the Customer Service Lead takes a proactive approach to ensure the best customer service for all ABPMR constituents and maintains a polite, professional and helpful manner at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers a wide variety of phone and written inquiries from constituents and escalates inquires as appropriate
- Provides assistance, information, and direction to constituents who are using ABPMR online systems (e.g., logon assistance, application submission and)
- Reports recurring constituent concerns/trends or other issues to the rest of the team
- Serves as a primary point of contact for general questions about the examination requirements, required documentation, and the application process
- Collaborates with colleagues or managers to find the best solutions to customer concerns
- Processes examination applications
- Maintains and updates database records as needed and communicates ideas for improvement
- Participates in the Part II (oral) Examination process
- Develops key metrics for use in evaluating effectiveness of customer service
- Identifies common problems and escalates them to management, along with possible suggestions for improvement, wherever possible.
- Performs some administrative tasks as needed such as assisting with mailing of items to diplomates, etc.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Adaptability – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods. ·
Dependability – Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
Quality – Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Achieves established goals. Completes work in timely manner. Meets productivity standards. Strives to increase productivity. Works quickly.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or higher
- Minimum of five years of experience in a professional office environment
- Demonstrated experience and success in a customer service role
If interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to David Ocheltree at email@example.com.
ABPMR is an equal opportunity employer.