Human Resources Generalist
The American Board of Medical Specialties is seeking a Human Resources Generalist.
The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) serves the public and the medical profession by improving the quality of health care through setting professional and educational standards for medical specialty practice and certification in partnership with its certifying Member Boards. These elevate the standards for patient care and care improvements.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist performs diversified and confidential human resources related duties. The HR Generalist will communicate with all levels of the organization, visitors, and external community. He/she will provide assistance with and facilitate human resources processes, and operations.
- Provides full cycle recruitment support including posting of positions, screen resumes, schedule candidates, create interview schedules, collect interviewer evaluations, conduct reference, and background checks
- Responsible for sourcing outside agency staffing assistance
- Responsible for non-exempt recruitment
- Prepares and delivers orientation and onboarding materials & new hire orientation
- Performs benefits administration and assists with employee questions related to benefits
- Act as liaison with benefit providers and insurance broker
- Administer onboarding and offboarding of all employees including benefits, unemployment, and related activities
- Assist in development of monthly employee learning calendar
- Be a resource for staff on employee relations issues
- Enters employee data updates, and termination data to HRIS platforms
- Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory
- Maintain personnel files and ensures record retention administration
- Prepare confidential correspondence to employees
- Provide support and assistance for performance review program
- Research and prepare data for HR reports
- May serve on various employee committees.
- Assists with payroll data entry and other payroll related functions (i.e., status changes, new hire information, termination data)
- Maintain orderliness and stock of office and kitchen supplies
- Handles facility requests and work orders for building services
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- At least three (3) years HR experience in a professional environment
- Experience in delivering new hire orientation desired
- Experience using HRIS systems (ADP Preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in a non-profit or association desired
- Knowledge of medical organizations and interest in health care desired.
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work as part of team, fostering solid communications to achieve the mission of ABMS
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Well organized and possess an attention to detail.
The HR Generalist position is based in Chicago.
Closing Date: Friday, August 7, 2020 or until the position is filled.
How to Apply
In addition to sending your resume and salary expectations, you must include a cover letter outlining your experience and the strategic value that you will bring to ABMS.
Send your resume and cover letter to Dan Hoppe – Director, Human Resources, at email@example.com. Please include “Ref: ABMS_HRG” in the subject of your email.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be added at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or genetic information.