Project & Member Board Support Manager
October 18, 2022
The American Board of Medical Specialties is seeking a Project & Member Board Support Manager.
In coordination with others, the Project & Member Board Support Manager will plan, coordinate, communicate, and document all aspects of assigned special projects originating in the Office of the President and the Governance Department, and will track, coordinate, communicate, and document delivery of assigned cross-departmental projects. The Project & Member Board Support Manager also will support engagement with the ABMS Board of Directors and other Governance bodies. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Senior Vice President, Governance & Board Relations.
This position will not begin until January 2023.
Established in 1933, the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) is responsible for the creation of standards overseeing physician certification in the United States. Dedicated to improving the quality of care to the patients, families and communities they serve, the 24 ABMS Member Boards develop educational and professional standards and programs of assessment to certify physicians and medical specialists. More than 940,000 physicians and medical specialists are certified by one or more of the ABMS Member Boards in one or more 40 specialties and 88 subspecialties. For more information about ABMS, visit www.abms.org
- Develops and manages project management plans, including providing status updates, communicating milestones, and tracking progress and issues of concern
- Tracks, coordinates, communicates, and documents completion of assigned inter-departmental project timelines and deliverables
- Administers the annual governance data collection from Member Boards
- Maintains the issue-tracking database
- Maintains the ABMS Policy Handbook
- Assists with implementation of web-based and other technological solutions to facilitate the work of the Board, including communications, document access, and records archiving
- Oversees the ordering and distribution of annual service awards
- Works with ABMS committee staff liaisons and Meetings Department staff to schedule committee meetings
- In collaboration with Departmental leadership, coordinates and implements committee and project correspondence as needed, including preparation and distribution of agenda books, notifications, PowerPoint presentations, letters, follow-up, and other materials
- Coordinates onsite logistics for governance-related committees and groups, including the Board of Directors, as well as for conference calls, meetings, and webinars
- Administers/manages audio/videoconferences using Microsoft Teams and/or WebEx
- There is between 10–15% travel associated with this position
Skills and Attributes
- Self-starter with skills to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, complex environment with minimal management, oversight, and supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to independently prioritize and anticipate next steps, and proactively seek clarification or further direction
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; must be able to set, execute, and follow through on deadlines and timetables
- Ability to work on multiple projects independently, in a collaborative environment to meet objectives of ABMS
- Ability to work remotely as well as in the office
- Must be able to provide outstanding service and be comfortable working with our customers, which includes ABMS Senior Leadership, ABMS Board of Directors and ABMS staff, and Chairpersons of ABMS committees
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent experience
- 3–5 years of experience in project management and coordination required
- Experience working with volunteers preferred
- Demonstrated ability working with physicians/physician volunteers/medical executives strongly preferred
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector (membership, healthcare, or association setting) strongly preferred
- Experience administering/managing audio/videoconferences using Microsoft Teams and/or WebEx preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams), and Adobe Acrobat required
ABMS employees are currently working remotely, unless they choose to work in the office. If an employee wishes to visit the office, the employee must be vaccinated against COVID-19 and must provide proof of vaccination upon request, subject to legal exemptions. ABMS considers an employee to be vaccinated against COVID-19 if the employee has received the primary vaccine and one booster dose. This policy may be revised at any time.
Salary and Benefits: ABMS is offering a starting salary range between $90,000 – $100,000 per year, based on relevant experience. ABMS also offers a 37.50-hour work week; a comprehensive benefit package including 3 BCBS plan options; Flexible Medical & Dependent Care Spending Accounts, Heath Savings Accounts; Dental and Vision insurance; 401k with a 3% safe harbor match; discretionary annual bonus; and generous paid vacation program.
This position will not begin until January 2023.
How to Apply
In addition to sending your resume and salary expectations, you should include a cover letter outlining your experience and the strategic value that you will bring to ABMS.
Send your resume and cover letter to Dan Hoppe, Director, Human Resources, at email@example.com. Please include “Ref: ABMS_PM Board Support_10-22)” in the subject of your email.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be added at any time with or without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or genetic information.