The Receptionist serves as the face of the organization and performs diversified and confidential administrative duties. The Receptionist will communicate with all levels of the organization, visitors and external community. He/she will provide front office reception. This position reports to the Associate Vice President, Organizational Operations.
Reception and Office Management
- Answers all incoming telephone calls, directing caller to appropriate individual or answering the inquiry by providing other information as needed.
- Registers guests in building security system.
- Greet all visitors and announce their arrival to appropriate party.
- Processes incoming and outgoing UPS, FedEx and USPS mail and faxes.
- Processes and record incoming checks.
- Maintain orderliness and stock of office and kitchen supplies.
- Handles facility requests and work orders for building services.
- Assists with coordination of meetings, conference calls, and webinars and coordinates meetings logistics.
- Assists with travel arrangements and expense reports upon request.
- Assists with calendars and schedules upon request.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent skills in word processing, editing and proofreading; accurate typing skills essential.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects independently.
- Must be able to work as part of team, fostering solid communications to achieve the mission of ABMS.
- Excellent customer service skills including oral and written communication.
- Excellent skills in MS Office computer programs required including experience with mail merges.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- One to three years of administrative experience in a professional environment.
- Customer service experience essential. Must have excellent and professional telephone skills.
Hours: 25 hours per week, M - F, 10:00 am – 3 pm. Local travel and evening hours are required periodically.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, or disability status.
How to Apply
You may send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject of your email.
You may also submit your resume and cover letter by postal mail to:
American Board of Medical Specialties
Attn: Human Resources
353 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654