Comment Period at ABMS
Welcome to the ABMS Comment Period Webpage for the Committee on Certification (COCERT)
The following Boards are seeking Focused Practice Designations* in their respective specialties:
American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Neuroendovascular Surgery Focused Practice Designation
- Pediatric Neurological Surgery Focused Practice Designation
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Focused Practice Designation
American Board of Pathology
- Clinical Chemistry Focused Practice Designation
- Clinical Microbiology Focused Practice Designation
The comment period for these requests closed on August 15, 2017. COCERT will consider the application at its meeting on September 12, 2017. If you have comments that you would like to submit prior to September 12, you may email them to COCERTpublicinput@abms.org.
*The ABMS Focused Practice designation recognizes areas of practice that either evolve as specialists progress through their professional careers or emerge as medicine changes due to advances in medical practice. Focused Practice is not intended to be a form of certification, since it recognizes areas of focus within recognized specialties or subspecialties and is based upon clinical experience. Use of the designation will recognize an evolution of practice relevant to continuing certification.