Become Part of the ABMS Portfolio Program Community
The ABMS Portfolio Program™ continues to make a dramatic and important impact on the quality and safety culture in a variety of health care organizations. It helps encourage physicians to engage in meaningful practice changes that have improved health care provided to patients and communities across the country.
Become part of a nationwide community of quality-centric organizations. Through monthly calls, a quarterly newsletter, periodic program updates, and involvement in the annual ABMS Conference, Program Sponsors learn from one another about program implementation, management, and impact.
How to Apply
The ABMS Portfolio Program application process is completed online. You will need to identify two QI/PI/PS activities (planned or completed) to use as examples when completing the application. Applications must include:
- An overview of the internal QI infrastructure and governance structure that will be used to facilitate successful management and oversight of the program.
- Information about how your organization operationalizes the planning, implementation, and monitoring of QI activities, including meaningful participation.
Grant Lynde, MD, MBA, Chief of Practice and Process Improvement in the Department of Anesthesiology at Emory University says the key to engaging physicians is designing initiatives that can demonstrate meaningful change and improvement in patient outcomes.
Visit our YouTube Playlist to learn more about how the ABMS Portfolio Program can align with organizational goals and physician/PA professional development needs.
Applications are reviewed and responded to within 14 business days. Reviewers identify organizations looking to positively impact their patient populations, are committed to physician and PA engagement in QI activities, and can:
- Demonstrate competence in the development, oversight, and implementation of multiple physician specialist- and PA-related QI/PI/PS activities that utilize structured improvement methodologies.
- Allocate personnel to oversee, administer, and document that activities meet ABMS Portfolio Program requirements.
- Support and encourage specialists’ meaningful participation in strategically aligned QI initiatives including dedicating the necessary resources and time to those initiatives.
- Monitor, track, adjudicate and report specialists’ meaningful participation.
- Submit ongoing activity completions and annual progress reports.
Contact the ABMS Portfolio Program team for assistance anytime throughout the application process.