What is ABMS Board Certification?
ABMS board certification serves two primary roles:
- As an independent evaluation of a physicians’ or specialist’s knowledge and skills to practice safely and effectively in a specialty
- As a trusted credential patients can rely upon when selecting a provider for their needs
The ABMS Member Boards design certification programs that advance the quality and delivery of patient care and encourage:
- Continuing learning and professional development
- Health care research and innovation
- Practice improvement for high quality care