Join the ABMS Portfolio Program Community
Organizations join the ABMS Portfolio Program™ because it enables them to award continuing certification credit and PAs for their QI work. What they discover is how much it contributes to their organizations’ quality and safety culture, goals, and physician well-being.
Visit our YouTube playlist and read our program impact stories to learn how Portfolio Program Sponsors are creating thriving programs that help them stimulate physician and PA engagement in their organizations’ QI/PI activities and support their improvement goals.
You can become part of a nationwide community of quality-centric organizations. Program Sponsors learn from one another about program implementation, management, and impact through a variety of opportunities including:
- monthly calls
- a quarterly newsletter
- periodic program updates
- involvement in the annual ABMS Conference
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- An overview of the internal QI infrastructure and governance structure that will be used to facilitate successful management and oversight of the program.
- Information about how your organization operationalizes the planning, implementation, and monitoring of QI activities, including meaningful participation.
Applications are reviewed and responded to within 14 business days. Reviewers identify organizations looking to positively impact their patient populations, are committed to physician and PA engagement in QI activities, and can:
- Demonstrate competence in the development, oversight, and implementation of multiple physician specialist- and PA-related QI/PI/PS activities that utilize structured improvement methodologies.
- Allocate personnel to oversee, administer, and document that activities meet ABMS Portfolio Program requirements.
- Support and encourage specialists’ meaningful participation in strategically aligned QI initiatives including dedicating the necessary resources and time to those initiatives.
- Monitor, track, adjudicate and report specialists’ meaningful participation.
- Submit ongoing activity completions and annual progress reports.
ABMS Member Boards Involved in the ABMS Portfolio Program
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- American Board of Pathology
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Board of Radiology
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- American Board of Urology