“We’re excited about the opportunity to meet with you.”
View this welcome message from our colleague Charlie Sheffield, ABMS Associate Vice President of Government and Public Affairs.
ABMS can be an important resource for your organization and members on issues related to specialty certification.
ABMS represents the 24 Member Boards that certify specialty physicians. We work toward the promise of higher standards and better care by creating an environment of better-informed communities, highly competent specialists, and quality health care.
Here are some ways that we are aiming higher to advance board certification.
- Updating the standards for certification to improve the experience and value of continuing certification for physicians.
- Offering the ABMS Portfolio Program to support organizations in awarding physicians continuing certification credit for improvement work they are involved in.
- Creating innovative assessment and learning tools, such as CertLink, to help assess physicians’ knowledge and direct their learning for professional development and improvement.
ABMS also can be a resource to support your advocacy on critical issues like physician well-being, professional self-regulation, misinformation in health care, scope of practice, and many other issues.
Submit the contact form to learn more about how we can help you.
Learn more about:
- JAMA article on recent enhancements to the standards for certification (As a security measure, JAMA will request your email address.)
- National and state-level data about ABMS board certified physicians
- Descriptions of each specialty and subspecialty[PDF]
- Statements reflecting our strategic direction
Learn more about how we can help you
"*" indicates required fields