ABMS, in partnership with its Member Boards, advances quality care through a variety of programs and initiatives. We are always evolving and advancing the board certification program to keep physicians practicing at the forefront of medicine. We invite others to work with us in connecting physician specialists with discipline-specific learning modules, patient safety programs, quality improvement activities, and other educational and practice-based initiatives to support their professional development.
The programs include:
- ABMS Portfolio Program™: recognizes physicians’ quality and safety improvement work for continuing certification.
- ABMS Continuing Certification Directory™: helps connect board certified physicians with practice-relevant, accredited continuing medical certification activities for continuing certification.
- ABMS Continuing Certification Reference Center: an online, searchable resource that highlights literature relevant to ABMS Member Board certification and continuous certification.
- ABMS Visiting Scholars Program™: a one-year, part-time program that positions early-career physicians, and others with relevant advanced degrees, as future health leaders.
- CertLink®: an innovative technology platform for the creation of online assessment programs that drive physician professional development and learning.
Each year, the ABMS Conference gathers physician executives, professional staff, and leaders and professionals from across the health care spectrum to share the latest innovations in assessment and board certification.
Achieving the Vision reflects the efforts of the Continuing Board Certification: Vision for the Future Commission, convened as part of the ABMS Vision Initiative that brought together multiple stakeholders to envision a system of continuing board certification that is meaningful, relevant and of value to physicians while remaining responsive to the patients, hospitals, and others who expect that physicians are maintaining their knowledge and skills to provide quality specialty care.
On behalf of the nearly one million physician specialists certified by our Member Boards and the hundreds of millions of patients who rely on their expertise, ABMS shares the vision of higher standards, better care to build relationships with policymakers at all levels and gain support for our Member Board certification programs.